Saturday, August 16, 2008

Settling In


We are starting to settle in and get used to life here.
Some things are different, and some funny, but mostly things are great!
We went to Kyongju which is about 6 hours south of Seoul.
We went to a site where a palace used to be, some burial mounds, the beach and a museum.
One thing that is a little different that we have experience is the swimming. Look in the beach pictures and you will see these rafts...in the ocean! I had worn my swimsuit under my clothes, but decided I didn't want to go in. I was standing by the water just watching and putting my feet in. Some of the Korean ladies that were with us kept saying get in, and I just said no I'm OK. Well, eventually I got soaked! In my clothes...they were splashing each other and Bailey and then they splashed me and then Carter and Bailey joined in. We also noticed people in regular clothes in the water so that explains some of that.
It is Monsoon season here, so we carry umbrellas everywhere. The Koreans use umbrellas when it is sunny as well, and we have to agree it makes sense, it's nice to have shade when you are walking everywhere!











2 comments:

The BOOyah Team said...

It's so great to see all of the pictures! Post more!

soggyandpeanut said...

Is it just me or does Carter look JUST LIKE Matt at that age?!